Untitled.......

Friday, October 28, 2005

And in the news today...

One of the things about living in South Africa is we tend to get complacent about crime...until it happens to you!

I got a call from Heather yesterday afternoon, just before heading home from work. She was a little worked up. "Babe, someone's tried to break into the flat!"

I couldn't actually believe it. Here we live in this relative Fort Knox: Electric fencing, security gates with an intercom system, remote control vehicle access, and yet someone had managed to get into the premises and actually tried to break our door down.

 As you can see in the picture, they really did a number on the door. I can only give thanks to God that they didn't get in, and that Heather wasn't there when it happened.

By the time I got home, our landlord had been to have a look, and said he'd come and fix up the door this morning.

So that's my South African crime story for the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home